Wednesday 18 January 2012

What I thought. . .
While reading Wicked, I sometimes had to go back and read a few pages again in order to understand what the author was saying. The author gave good imagery, so I was able to get the setting in my mind, which made it easier to read and understand. I found it interesting that the story was not always told in Elphaba's point of view, sometimes it was told in Glinda's, or Fiyero's point of view as well. What really got me into the book was the mystery and suspense within the book, and how all the characters were connected in some way.
In the first two parts when Elphaba was a baby, and when she was in Shiz University were my favourite parts in the novel because, readers were able to see how Elphaba was when she was a child, and when she was at Shiz University. I was able to read about the people she met, and how they affected her life, and her future. I did not find the last few parts as interesting, but when Elphaba learned about Dorothy and how Glinda gave Dorothy her sisters shoes, I became interested. This is because it reminded me of Wizard of Oz, so then I started to compare the novel to the book, and I was able to get the background story of the end of the Wizard of Oz when Elphaba and Dorothy finally meet. Now that I have read the book, I am really looking forward to seeing the play sometime in the future.
Overall, this book was very entertaining and it taught me to not judge a person by their appearance, and that there is always two sides to every story. It also taught me that there is no absolute good or evil, as one might think after seeing Wizard of Oz before reading Wicked.

No comments:

Post a Comment